Task #11695 (closed)
Bug: Bio-Formats plugin exporter does not save ROIs from the ROI manager
|Reported by:||rleigh||Owned by:||mlinkert|
The Bio-Formats ImageJ plugin imports ROIs from OME-TIFF into the ROI manager (though not by default--this must be selected in import options). It also appears to export the same ROIs, though this is apparently due to caching of the imported OME-XML.
In the general case, newly-created (not imported) ROIs are not saved when using the Bio-Formats exporter. Ideally, we should be able to save the current state of the ROI manager as part of the generated OME-XML for the export.
- Saving should probably be optional; we might not want the ROI manager ROIs to be saved
- This could be included as a checkbox on the split file dialogue; maybe this could be changed into a more general "Export options" similar to import.
- It might also need to include the "current" ROI which may or may not be in the manager
- Perhaps optionally only export the selected ROIs in the manager; we might not want to export everything.
- Maybe the ROI import should default to being enabled? Or does this cause problems if opening multiple images?