Task #12229 (closed)
Bug: OmeroCpp: Fails to link on Windows with Ice 3.4
|Reported by:||rleigh||Owned by:||rleigh|
LINK : fatal error LNK1189: library limit of 65535 objects exceeded
We need to know why we have such as vast quantity of exported symbols in the DLL. Does the above build log or the contents of the workspace in http://ci.openmicroscopy.org/view/Experimental/job/OMERO-5.1-merge-win/ws/src/components/tools/OmeroCpp/target/omero/ provide any clue?
- Ice 3.4 may be exporting more symbols in the slice-generated source than Ice 3.3
- The model objects may have increased in number and complexity
- Or a combination of the two may have pushed us over the limit
Still, the number is absurdly high. There's no way anyone would want or need to use all these entry points, so hopefully they can be reduced whatever the cause.
Change History (37)
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by jamoore
- Cc John.Webber@… cpp@… added; jamoore John.Webber@… removed
- Milestone changed from Unscheduled to 5.0.2
- Owner set to rleigh
- Priority changed from major to critical