Task #13192 (new)
BUG: multi-z images tile loading
|Reported by:||pwalczysko||Owned by:||pwalczysko|
|Keywords:||n.a.||Cc:||ux@…, mlinkert, sbesson|
Description (last modified by pwalczysko)
Both on 5.1.4 and 5.2.2 servers, default jvm settings, default tile size.
By eye for fake image z=12000, y=3000, c=3:
- open an image in Full viewer, make sure you are on the lowest zoom
- drag the zoom to highest and count slowly, stop counting when the image in Insight becomes interactive again
- z=1 -> less than a second
- z=400 -> 4 seconds
- z=800 -> 6 seconds
By CLI metrics
- open an image in Full viewer of Insight, be in the lowest zoom (always the case in 522, not the case in 514)
- in case you are not in the lowest zoom, drag the slider to lowest zoom and wait till operation finishes
- drag the slider to zoom in into the highest zoom
- take jstacks every second starting before you open the image in Full Viewer and finishing when the image is again interactive in Full Viewer in Insight and in full zoom
- take also logs after these actions
The results, jstacks and logs of Experiment1 are on team/pwalczysko/Experiment1
It is clear, that the amount of z planes has detrimental influence on the tile loading.
Further metrics (514 and web) to come).