Task #4085 (closed)
Update OME-TIFF web site to reflect proposed modifications
|Reported by:||crueden-x||Owned by:||crueden-x|
Description (last modified by crueden-x)
I sent an email to the ome-devel mailing list with a list of proposed augmentations to the OME-TIFF format, arrived at through discussion with other OME developers and interested parties. In summary:
- Allow OME-TIFF datasets to use BigTIFF, rather than normal 32-bit TIFF, as appropriate.
- Update the recommended filename extension from .tif to .ome.tif, for clarity.
- Include an XML comment at the top of the OME-XML metadata block with a warning to those who would edit the block by hand.
- Store a hash (SHA1) of the pixel data associated with each TiffData? element.
- Store a hash (SHA1) of the OME-XML metadata in a custom TIFF tag.
The OME-TIFF web site needs to be updated to include these ideas, and our sample data should also reflect the recommendations as closely as possible (probably easiest to use an updated Bio-Formats to write new sample OME-TIFF files; see ticket #82).
Change History (9)
comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by crueden-x
- Description modified (diff)
- Owner changed from curtis to crueden-x
- Reporter changed from curtis to crueden-x