User Story #7382 (closed)
HIC: AuditLog Data Visualization
|Reported by:||szwells||Owned by:||sylittlewood|
|Total Remaining Time:||n.a.||Estimated Remaining Time:||n.a.|
There is a limited amount of utility that can be wrought from merely displaying tabular data within websilo (nb. & other OMERO clients). Therefore, in order to improve the user experience and increase utility without relying on external tools, it would be appropriate to offer a limited amount of functionality that supports visualization of (subsets) of tabular data.
The following examples are indicative of use-cases that capture this approach:
- In websilo, when the auditlog is displayed a graphic could be displayed adjacent to the table displaying some facet of the data captured in the auditlog, for example,
- the amount (percentage of total rows) of data within a dataset that has been accessed per unit-time-period, or,
- the number of accesses of that dataset per unit-time-period
- More generally it would be useful to enable a user to select a subset of rows and columns and a chart type, and, where possible to chart that data in the web page, cf. in a similar manner to the charting functionality of spreadsheet applications.
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by szwells
- Summary changed from HIC: Data Visualization to HIC: AuditLog Data Visualization