Task #7709 (new)
Re-evaluate strategy for assigning channel colors
|Reported by:||mlinkert||Owned by:|
|Keywords:||n.a.||Cc:||jburel, wmoore, rleigh, cblackburn, dsudar@…|
Description (last modified by jamoore)
Also need to review the color selection based on wavelength:
E.g. lei/joel/sequental scan 2/
- Currently cut-off red->green is 560.
- We have two channels with emission filters: 553-618 and 665-800
- We pick wavelength as cut-in + 15 (ignore emission).
- Both these channels are therefore colored Red.
Although the above example could be fixed by adjusting the "+15" > increment to cut-in or by moving the green->red boundary, this could > easily "break" another format / example.
Color selection algorithm could be improved to order channels by > wavelength - Preferentially color Blue -> Green -> Red, instead of > color 2 channels same color.
If it's not being done already, it would also be a good idea to do something with the Channel.Color attribute, as this is now populated for a handful of formats (see #3651).
- Discussion under #4513 (marked as duplicate)