User Story #8562 (accepted)
Separate annotate and edit WRITE permissions
|Reported by:||jamoore||Owned by:||jamoore|
|Total Remaining Time:||0.0d||Estimated Remaining Time:||n.a.|
After extensive discussion (see link above), it was to make the write permissions available per group more fine grained. Rather than just read-write, there will be instead read-annotate and read-edit (in most usages, read-edit and read-write will be synonymous).
The intended logic is:
- in a read-only group, group members will still be able to create rendering defs and thumbnails for any object they can see.
- in a read-annotate group, group members will be able to link annotations (and in the case of images, regions of interest) to any objects they can view
- in a read-edit group, group members will be able to completely manage viewable data, including modifying and deleting it.
All existing read-write groups will be downgraded to read-annotate during the database upgrade. Future changing of permissions should be relatively quick, though it should should warned that once a group is made read-annotate or read-edit and links are made between users, removing the group read permission could be either difficult or impossible with data cleaning.
Change History (4)
comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by jmoore
- Resolution set to fixed
- Sprint set to 2012-07-17 (19)
- Status changed from accepted to closed