Task #8695 (closed)
Group perms icons
|Reported by:||wmoore||Owned by:||atarkowska|
|Keywords:||n.a.||Cc:||jburel, rkferguson, atarkowska|
With the new web UI and change in the permissions levels that OMERO supports, it seems like we need to consider what icons we use to indicate different permissions.
Goal is to minimise impact on users when we change permissions levels etc.
I'm assuming that we're going to allow "Read-Edit" group creation in the not-too-distant future (possibly 4.4.1)?
Currently, new web UI uses
- Private: Red group icon
- Read-Only: Orange group icon
- Read-Write (will become read-Ann): Green icon
This leaves nothing for Read-Edit group, and it is also different from what Insight does.
One suggestion (in discussion with Dom)
- Private: Black - single user icon
- Read-Only: Red group icon
- Read-Ann: Orange group icon
- Read-Edit (4.4.1?): Green group icon
When we get to "World" permissions then this will be a different icon type, not just colour changes.
This is more similar to what Insight currently does, but it would still require some changes to Insight's group icons.
Change History (20)
comment:5 Changed 10 years ago by jburel
- Cc dgaudioso removed
- Owner changed from jburel to saloynton
comment:13 Changed 10 years ago by jburel
- Component changed from Usability to Web
comment:17 Changed 10 years ago by atarkowska
- Remaining Time changed from 0.1 to 0
- Status changed from accepted to closed