Task #8797 (closed)
Fix remaining issues with Maven build system
|Reported by:||crueden-x||Owned by:||mlinkert|
When building Bio-Formats with the Maven-based build system, there are some remaining issues:
- For bio-formats, there are two failing NetCDF-related unit tests. The discrepancy is due to NetCDF 4.0 being used with Ant, while the Maven build uses 4.2.20. The tests pass on the netcdf-update branch, which upgrades NetCDF to 4.2.20 across the board (but introduces a requirement on Java 6).
- For common, there is a @PARALLEL@ token that is nonstandard and throws off the test engine unless it gets replaced.
- For metakit, there is a filename system property that is expected to be set ad hoc. As such, the tests are not true unit tests.
- For bio-formats and ome-io, the missing dependency tests are not included because they only pass when dependencies are missing.
- The loci_tools.jar and ome_tools.jar built by Maven are substantially larger than those built by Ant. The reason is that Ant has a whitelist of JARs to include in the bundle, whereas Maven's assembly plugin includes all dependencies recursively (excluding a blacklist). The latter is a better way to ensure the bundle will work standalone—but either way, best would be to unify the behavior between the two build systems.
This ticket originated from ImageJ ticket #503.
Change History (16)
comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by mlinkert
- Cc cxallan added
- Milestone changed from OMERO-5 to OMERO-4.5
- Priority changed from minor to critical
- Sprint set to 2012-11-20 (2)
comment:14 Changed 6 years ago by mlinkert
- Milestone changed from OMERO-4.4.9 to Testing
- Sprint changed from Blocker 4.4.9 (1) to Testing and Docs (1)
- Version set to 4.4.8
comment:15 Changed 6 years ago by mlinkert
- Milestone changed from Testing and Docs to OMERO-5
- Sprint Testing and Docs (1) deleted