Requirement #9818 (closed)
fslite (phase 0 of FS)
|Reported by:||jamoore||Owned by:|
|Total Story Points:||n.a.||Roif:||n.a.|
|Mandatory Story Points:||n.a.|
The primary goal of fslite is to have all client imports consist solely of uploading files to OMERO as OriginalFiles with human-readable paths (/OMERO/ManagedRepository/<user>/<date>/some.dir/some.file) and then registering for server-side import. The managed repository is not (yet) intended for user-consumption. Instead, it is intended to:
- Reduce the duplication caused by the parsed data of /OMERO/Pixels;
- Provide a recovery-mechanism for system administrators in the case of a total loss of the OMERO DB;
- and, as a result, increase the overall user-trust in OMERO to allow for deletion of the initially acquired data.
In order to facilitate the later phases of FS as described under #2128, several issues must be addressed:
- All files must be registered with the security system to prevent unauthorized access.
- Newly created directories (.../some.dir-1/...) created due to naming conflicts caused by imports of similar directory structures should be sensible to the average user.